What year did you start training and what was your attraction to Boxing?
I started training in 2002. My mother enrolled me into boxing to stop street altercations and behavior problems.
What do you most enjoy about coaching and training at LEMA?
Similar to boxing clubs, LEMA produces friendships and camaraderie from people with a wide range of backgrounds. The instructors knowledge is applicable and expands outside jiu-jitsu and their respective professional fields.
Who is your inspiration and why?
Boxing was my first love and will always remain one of my heaviest passions. The intangibles of the sport follow those outside the gym/ring and help them within their personal lives. I enjoy the late Bert Sugar’s quote “Boxing is at it’s best poetic, and at it’s worst brutal.”
What are some of your achievements?
- 3 NYS Golden Glove Championships
- Medaled in 6 Golden Glove tournaments
- Competed in over 30 amateur boxing fights
- Trained under the tutelage of Buffalo Boxing Hall of Fame trainer Dean Eoannou for the entirety of my career.
- Trained with professional fighters/Olympic team prospects.
- Trained within pro-camps.
- Recognized for ‘extraordinary achievement in the proficiency of the sport and art of boxing by my teammates is 2010.
What is your favorite combination in boxing?
It’s a secret. It may include the uppercut and left hook to the body though. Come to class and I’ll show you sometime!